CALIFORNIA: TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAINS
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires retail sellers and manufacturers doing business in California to take steps to condemn and eradicate slavery and human trafficking in their direct supply chain, and to disclose their policies and endeavors.
NYR Organic, Inc. (“NYR”) is committed to the highest standards of legal, ethical and responsible business practices. In the spirit of its unwavering commitment to uphold fair labor and employment practices, NYR:
- Communicates its policies to its product suppliers and expects full compliance with, inter alia, the absolute and unconditional prohibition against using involuntary or forced labor, human trafficking, child labor, and any kind of harassment and abuse (our “Principles”).
- Requires its suppliers to uphold and strictly comply with the same Principles and has consistently rejected or terminated any relationship with suppliers that are suspected of any illegal, unethical or irresponsible business practices.
- Conducts, or is in the process of conducting, selected audits of direct suppliers to ensure compliance, by employing both internal and external auditors.
- Requires direct suppliers to provide certification of compliance with applicable labor laws and with the prohibitions against forced labor and human trafficking.
- Trains, educates and holds its executives accountable for ensuring that NYR does not work with suppliers that violate these Principles.
NYR is the exclusive United States Distributor of the British natural health and beauty products brand, Neal’s Yard Remedies ®, and relies on the same rigorous policies as adopted by the manufacturer and supplier, in the United Kingdom, which are published here.